Disk photos pack total folders or disks right into a single compressed file, both for transport throughout the Web or just for backup. They’re Apple’s most popular format for distributing Mac software program. Disk photos are additionally the one archive format whose contents you possibly can immediately entry within the Finder.
DropDMG is the simplest method to create Mac OS X disk photos, in addition to cross-platform archives. Simply drag and drop a folder or file and also you’re finished. Or, you possibly can drag an current disk picture or archive onto DropDMG to transform it to any of the opposite supported codecs or to burn it to CD or DVD.
DropDMG helps superior choices reminiscent of encrypted and segmented disk photos, WYSIWYG format with background photos and customized quantity icons, and rich-text license agreements in a number of languages. There are various time-saving options, and it can be automated through AppleScript, the command-line, and Automator.
- The Create macOS Set up Disk command now pre-downloads any required property from Apple’s servers in order that the set up disk comprises every little thing that it is advisable to set up macOS.
- Added directions for Making a DropDMG Fast Motion in macOS 10.14’s Finder.
- DropDMG now helps the Hardened Runtime on macOS 10.14.
- DropDMG is now notarized by Apple.
- Improved the Safety & Privateness Entry directions.
- DropDMG now reviews a useful error message if the dropdmg command-line software fails as a result of its mother or father course of doesn’t have Automation entry to manage DropDMG on macOS 10.14.
- Added AppendToNameWhenConverting to the esoteric preferences.
- The license settlement editor now makes use of a darker background coloration in Darkish Mode to match the disk picture mounter.
- Improved the looks of the log element drawer in Darkish Mode.
- The About window now features a hyperlink to the privateness coverage and has an up to date format.
- Labored round a bug in macOS 10.14 the place the font and coloration buttons within the license settlement editor didn’t present their textual content as a result of the photographs had been too giant.